Writing for 50 Days Straight & New Challenge

I actually did it. From the 16th of September to the 4th of November 2016 I wrote something every single day. I sat down at my computer and poured thoughts and ideas onto the screen. It was a challenge for sure but it also felt pretty damn great.

This blog post it very late as it should have been psted weeks ago right after my challenge ended. I never actually got around to writing it. Writing every single day did take it out of me a bit, though I'm proud to say I have been writing most days out of the week since my birthday.

By no means does this actually mean that I managed to finish any of my stories, with the exception of a few one shot works. However, I got a good chunk into the many of my on-going stories and managed to create quite a few blog posts as well. A few weeks in, I also began writing little rambles (journal entries if you will) to myself and some days when my mind wouldn't focus that was all I wrote.

But I did write words every single day and lots of them as it turned out good. My collective Word document for this challenge was over 200 pages long by the end of it. Nearly 92,000 words. A week or so after the challenge ended, I went through the document and did a count of how many words approximately had gone into the different works. The result is below.


There's so many stories! It's so damn crazy and to think I've written in 10 different fictional universes (I'm aware there are more than 10 stories listed but some of the works exists in the same universe). It might also be a explanation to why I live in my head so much. I don't even want to attempt to count all the characters that exists within those stories. I'm also really happy with the blog content and I want to get back into writing on here. I've been radio silent for a few weeks but I've actually missed it. As for the journal entries, I want to write that again too. It felt good and reflective to just spend around 15 minutes before bed writing down my thoughts on the day or the feeling in my chest at that moment.

About a week into my 50 Day challenge, I also got the itch to make an additionally challenge - though I noted from the start that this extra challenge didn't have to be kept. I wanted to upload something every single day as well as write something. I lasted about two weeks before I had to give up.

Writing privately felt much more safe than actually posting it. I knew not necessarily many people would see new works I posted but it was still scary. That being said I kind of want to do it again. For the whole month of December that is.

Found on Tumblr - I'll have to type faster than John Watson though

December is a time of much online content from the YouTube world, in form of Vlogmas and several creators doing more regular videos and collabs, but I was so happy and proud that I managed to update SillyNate's Vlogmas (an additional book to my main YouTuber?! series on Wattpad) everyday until Christmas and my readers seemed to like it too.

If I do this, it will be for multiple types of content and over the three platforms where I currently post on (Wattpad, Tumblr and here) but it could be kind of fun. I will often write something that I really like and I'll find myself going back to rereading it, so why not share it?

The only thing that scares me a bit, is the fact that I love to write novel-length stories and I already work on so many different stories at that length that all don't necessarily have an ending planned. I'm sure they'll get one eventually if I stick to it but it is risky uploading the beginning without knowing how it'll end? I'm not sure.

Posting my YouTuber?! series regularly for two and a half years has made me so damn happy and it's pushed me to stick with the story and develop it naturally. I'm very fond of that series and it's coming to an end at some point in the new year with the third book.

I might just do it. If I could write every single day (most of which turned out to be content I was actually proud of) then I can surely post something for 31 days, right? I have so many good stories hidden on my Mac and they're just waiting to be edited, polished and posted. I think I'll do it.

Comments

Popular Posts