My Brain Doesn't Work Properly Sometimes | Lists

I think it's officially called a brain fart, or that is the unofficial name and there's a much more prestigious latin word for it. Sometimes, I do something so stupid that I just feel like face palming, which I actually do on the worse instances. It's usually something that occurs when I'm tried and distracted but I thought it would be funny to compile a list.


Usually when I do something like the things listed below, I also think "this is a perfect description of me and my life right now". I think the reason for this is that most of the time this past couple of years I feel rootless and I just sort of fake it. I'll put up a brave front and pretend nothing is wrong but actually I'm being completely clueless.

Found here - This is a very cute drawing but my favourite part is the blush on both of them


1.
I was in the stables and I wanted to see how much time I had spent there. I usually wear a wrist watch as my old phone was completely unreliable but even now I prefer as it's much easier pulling back a sleeve as opposed to fishing a phone up your pocket. I pull back my sleeve and the sight that meets me in utterly confusing. It legitimately takes my mind a second or two to comprehend that my watch is upside down. When I put in on a couple of hours ago, I put it the wrong way! Despite having owned this watch for years and years. I mean mistakes happens but it's then I notice that the time is wrong as I go to turn it around. Daylight savings time occurred over a week ago and I had yet to correct my watch. Em-fucking-barrasing.

2.
For around four days I was convinced the light on my bike had broken and I would have to book a time for it to get fixed. However, as I practically can't be without it in my everyday life I had just put it off like the procrastinator I am. I had my last drive Thursday where I couldn't get the long light to work. Then on Monday I'm driving around during the day time and not paying too much attention to the lurking warnings that I'll have to drive home from work after dark without lights. Only on my drive home in the dusk, I suddenly remember that I have a panel of buttons that control the lights and low and behold, it's just turned off... It's not broken, I must just have nudged the button. So while I played frantically with the one that's supposed to swift to long lights, I didn't check if the lights were even enabled. I felt like an idiot but was very pleased that I didn't have to drive home in the dark.

3.
I tumble out of bed, and have to get ready to go see my horse and dress in a hurry, which was my first mistake. Ihave to buy some medicine at the pharmacy before there. The pharmacy doesn't have the medicine but I manage to make a deal to borrow from one of the people in the stables, so all is fine and dandy. Only when I arrive at the stable I realize something feels odd in the boob department and I realize to my horror that I'm wearing my old torn sports bra that I only sleep in because the stretch is ruined. Great one brain, who forgot to change out of it to the correct one before I started throwing on clothes. To make matters worse, I have another thing go wrong, though it's not my brain this time but my hands. I drop the glass bottle I borrowed and it shatters. Great work, self.

4.
I come home from holiday and while eating dinner I notice that my keycard for my new job is on the table where I left it. I've kept it in my coat's pocket so far but removed it because I didn't want to bring it to England. I remind myself that I need to put it back in my coat pocket, which is literally hanging seven steps away in the hallway but then I - for some stupid reason - I just put it back on the table. Coming morning, I'm jetting off to work and low and behold I forget the damn card which is still at home on the table laughing at me. Thankfully, I didn't make it very far before I remember and turned back around but it was so damn stupid. I use it to get into the building and register my hours, so I can't really go without it. Why didn't I just get off my arse in the moment and put it in it's right place?

These were all written mid November to early December but I actually never got around to posting them. However, when I found them in my drafts I thought I better make it into an actual post. I think it's very healthy being about to laugh at your own stupidity and to be honest we all have these sort of moments. It feels better to see the funny side of it.

Comments

Popular Posts